Sunday, March 13, 2011

Nutrition Analysis


*Weekday

































*Weekend






































Reflection:

*weekday
During the weekdays I practice overall well balanced diet, with pretty appropriate amount of carbohydrate, protein and fat. However, while protein, vitamin c, and carbohydrate etc are consumed enough, I am still lack with vitamin A, E, and iron. Therefore, I need to try to fill up these nutrients through eating more dairies, nuts and beans to be more effectively balanced. By consuming these, it will not only balance the diet, but also go under other nutrients which are lack, and develop and strengthen our brain and bone.
By looking at my nutrient log and data, I tend to eat too much carbohydrate and vitamin c. These are contained a lot in rice and fruits which I really like to eat whenever I fill hungry or need some energy. I always feel that it is not a proper meal without eating rice or fruits, so I must eat these at least once a day. As a consequence, I realized that I am not consuming enough vitamin D and iron which are contained a lot in meats, beans and dairies. Therefore I need to slowly change my eating habit with reduced carbohydrate and increasing what I am lack with.

*weekend

Similar with my weekday nutrition level, my weekend diet is quite balanced. However, according to the data, I realized the total calories are higher than the weekday’s, and also I am consuming more fats rather than protein. My deficiency of vitamin D is also seen during my weekend diet too. However, my carbohydrate consuming level and calories are relatively high although I always try to have healthy and balanced 3 times meals. I guess it is because I am having high calorie snakes frequently. Moreover, I tend to eat more during weekend. I mostly eat out with my mom to have special and delicious meals. This habit leads me to eat more.
During weekend I become lazy, eating more foods that contain unsaturated fat; my total calorie is exceeding the calories can be burnt!!. I often stay at home lying down and watching TV. I must not just eat too much snakes that increase fat and sodium level, need to consume more vitamin D and Iron like fish and nuts. Moreover, I should exercise rather than lying down. I would be much better for balancing and eating healthy food if I think before what I eat and whether it got many unsaturated fat or other substances that can harm my health system, also schedule what time I should have meal and snack. It will help to prevent eating late or skipping meal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    It looks as though you have a good grasp of the assignment but you have not compared the weekday to the weekend nor have you written a paragraph for each graph.

    PH&A - 18/20
    A&P - 17/20

    ReplyDelete